Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Designer CRUSH: Interview with KATIE RIDDER & BOOK GIVE-A-WAY!


I've drooled over Katie Ridder's interiors for years.  Formerly an editor at House & Garden and House Beautiful, she is a genius at mixing patterns and colors, antiques and modern pieces.  She also just released a beautiful book, Katie Ridder Rooms.  We were lucky enough to get a SIGNED copy for House Crush readers as well as an exclusive interview with this busy lady...

House Crush: I knew I wanted to be an interior designer when…
 KR: When I was 12 years old, watching my mothers decorator work on our house growing up.

House Crush: I have a good day when…
 KRWhen things go according to plan which is most of the time.

House Crush: Currently coveting….
 KR: Heat. My electricity has been off for 5 days.

House Crush: My favorite cocktail…
 KR: Limed gin on the rocks.

House Crush: This Fall, my wardrobe  needs…
 KR: Long gloves above my elbow.

House Crush: I recently met…
 KR: The million dollar decorators!

House Crush: The biggest decorating no-no…
 KR: It’s all personal. One's no-no is another's bliss.

House Crush: I could not live without…
 KR: My husband, children, espresso maker

House Crush: My dream client…
 KR: One that adores me

House Crush: A trend no one is talking about…
 KR: waterfall walls


Katie's new book is a must have for everyones library and/or coffee table.  Margaret Russell, Editor in Chief at Architectural Digest raved, "Katie Ridder's interiors are simply sublime- confident, artful, elegant.  This marvelous book reflects her impeccable taste and fearless sense of style; it brims with lush, inspiring photos and useful tips."  A sneak peek at what's inside...





Stunning, right?!  

Enter now to win a SIGNED copy of Katie Ridder Rooms...

How To Enter:
Reply to this post and tell us which room in your house you would love to have Katie redecorate {just envision it... no budget, sky's the limit... would be dreamy, right?!}.  Please make sure I have your contact info. so I can link back if you are the winner!

Giveaway Ends:
Friday, November 11th at 12pm PST

Winner Announced:
Wednesday, November 16th

Fine Details:
Giveaway open to U.S. readers only

To purchase a copy of the book {a perfect gift for the holidays}: Katie Ridder Rooms
See more of Katie's work: Katie Ridder Interior Design


*A big thank you to Katie Ridder & Ali Fuge at Katie Ridder Interior Design for coordinating this special interview & giveaway for House Crush readers!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE to have my kitchen blessed by her touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beige and uninspired basement would benefit from her colorful magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family room is desperate for a make-over. I want bright, fun colors and fabrics. Lots of color and pattern. Super cool bookshelves and cozy couches and chairs for cozy movie nights and casual entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kitchen. But we need to move walls and get a major permit too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to say because there are so many rooms I'd want her to help with! I guess I'd start with my dining room and bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I currently live in a condo but will be moving soon, hopefully to a downtown vintage charmer! So I will say living room! Deep navy blue paired w/ bright colors w/ a & feminine & fresh flair!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My "playroom" that my big boys are quickly outgrowing! I would love to make it more grown up and less of an X Box haven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to see what she would suggest for my 20 foot ceilings in my condo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to have her redo my old lady family room into an inviting, cozy, entertaining and colorful space!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...